I need help!
We are looking to hire a student to work on trails with me for 12 weeks this summer.
We get up to a lot of varied tasks, 99% of it is outdoors and we often get a sweat on, our boots get muddy, and we’re good and tuckered out most nights.
The core duties and responsibilities of the position are:
• Installation of trail signage, trailing brushing, surface repair, trail inspections
• Minor carpentry and construction of existing trails and facilities
• Lawn mowing and trimming, painting, manual labour
• Potential to work on trail design, mapping, inventory
The minimum qualifications are:
• Applicant has been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intends to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
• Driver’s licence an asset but not required
• Reliable Vehicle an asset but not required
• Chainsaw or other safety courses considered an asset
The preferred candidate must be comfortable working outside and have strong written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills, and be a self-starter requiring little supervision. This position will also have miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
Salary - $12.95 - $15/hr, 36 hrs a week. Position will run from June 7 to August 27, 2021, 12 weeks.
Letters of application with resume made to the attention of Jonathan Riley, will be accepted by mail at Municipality of Digby, PO Box 429, Digby, NS, B0V 1A0, by fax to 902-245-5748 or by email to email@example.com no later than 12:00 noon June 1, 2021.
Jonathan Riley, trails and open space coordinator with the Municipality of the District of Digby